Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crock Pot Tacos

This recipe came from Picky Palate's blog I adapted it a little. It's super easy, tastes great and makes lots.

From Mommy I'm Hungry


2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 serrano chili peppers, finely chopped (seeds and membranes removed for less heat)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 lbs lean ground beef (or ground Turkey)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
1 Cup Salsa

1. Place oil into a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, peppers and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in beef, salt, pepper and Lawry’s. Cook until browned. Stir in Salsa then transfer to crockpot on low heat. Let cook on low for 2-3 hours or until ready to serve. Right before serving, stir in fresh chopped cilantro if desired. (I cook the meat up, then keep it on low in the crock-pot all day)

Serve with hard or soft taco shells and garnishes, such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream, guacamole and shredded cheese.

From Mommy I'm Hungry


From Mommy I'm Hungry

From Mommy I'm Hungry

enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Rebecca said...

Now I know what's for dinner tomorrow :) - yum yum!

Visiting from SITS :)!

Coleens Recipes said...

This is a great recipe and the crock pot makes dinner available "whenever". When I have leftover taco meat, I often add a little Velveeta and salsa to the taco meat and let it all get hot and melty then serve it over tortilla chips. Not too healthy, but great non the less.

Post a Comment