Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review: Mezzetta Products




We were sent some wonderful products from Mezzetta for review. I have used and enjoyed their foods for some time now. Take a look at this delish sandwich I've made in the past.

They are a leading producer of delicious peppers, olives, and specialty foods in the U.S. Mezzetta specialty foods are available in retail grocery store across America, as well as club stores, food service outlets, fine restaurants, and at their on-line store. Their products can also be found in Canada, the Pacific Rim and Europe. Check out their list of Recipes and read along on their Blog.
Here are some more ideas for Mezzetta products:
Cheers it: Toast to the occasion with a selection of savory martinis using Mezzetta’s classic Martini Olives, Stuffed Olives or cocktail onions.
Cheese it: Satisfy your comfort cravings and pop some Artichoke Cheese Toasts in the oven, grill up some Mediterranean Vegetable Quesadillas or bake up a Pesto Pizza
Dip it: Skip the store bought spreads, and create your own healthy dips like, White Bean and Artichoke, Lemon-Pesto Goat Cheese, or Roasted Red Pepper with Feta dip:
Roasted Red Pepper with Feta Dip
Makes about 3 ½ cups.

1 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Bell Peppers
1/8 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 cups crumbled feta cheese

Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetables, or crackers.


We were sent a box of goodies including:
-Roasted Bell Peppers: Ripened by the California sunshine and then flame roasted.
-Artichoke Hearts: marinated in oil and herbs
-Napa Valley Bistro Italian Homemade Style Basil Pesto: a classic pesto with a splash of Napa Valley Chardonnay.
-Creamy Marinara: Italian plum tomatoes, 100% Extra Virgin olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, garlic and basil are blended with fresh cream.
I went right to work and made a pizza for lunch. I cheated and got some ready made pie crust and sauce (my marinara arrived a later day otherwise I would've used that). I added some sauce, drizzled on some pesto, drained artichokes and peppers, and cooked, sliced, marinated pesto chicken breast. Added some Parmesan and mozzarella and cheddar cheese and in no time, lunch was ready! Let me tell you! This pizza was really good! I tried to save some for my school kids, and sure enough even my oldest chowed down on the last pieces. It was so simple and just something I threw together, it's pizza, no recipe needed!
I'm thinking up some yummy pasta recipe to use the marinara for, maybe one of these? I bet it's going to be good too!






I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Mezzetta. I received free products to keep for this review. All opinions for this review are that of myself & family. Info provided by PR.

enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

1 Lovely Comments:

Vladimir said...

looks like a nice and tasty creamy marinara, makes me hungry :)

Post a Comment