Thursday, July 10, 2008

Focaccia Chicken Sandwich



I seem to make this once a year (no reason why), and surprisingly around the same time as you can see from my review for this at the website, haha. The first time I made it my Husband thought I had bought it from a fancy deli. It's so good! There's tons of flavors and fills you up good, giving you leftovers for a later time. This time, I decided to finally try my hand at making my own Focaccia bread for this (recipe to come!). It came out well. Anyways this sandwich gives me 6 big wedges.

1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. pesto
1 loaf (12 oz.) focaccia bread, cut horizontally in half
2 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 lb.), grilled, sliced
4 Provolone Cheese Slices
3/4 cup roasted red peppers
1 jar (6 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced
1 cup salad greens

Mix mayo and pesto until well blended; spread onto cut surfaces of bread.
Cover bottom half of bread with chicken, cheese, peppers, artichokes and greens; cover with top of bread.
Cut into wedges to serve.
an oldie photo of mine, store bought Focaccia


taking one of these to:
Photobucket

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Me said...

Yeah~ yours is so much prettier than the store bought one! I am so making this one tomorrow for lunch while I am out here visiting my mom! It will be like having you here.

Elle said...

That looks incredible! Not only the sandwich, but your homemade bread, too! YUM!

Post a Comment