Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Easy Chicken Santa Fe



1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 15.25-ounce cans whole kernel corn, drained (I used frozen)
1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa
5 or 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 8-ounce brick cream cheese softened (you can use less-fat variety)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Scroll below for my way!
1. In a 3.5 or 4-quart electric slow cooker, mix together beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salasa. Top with chicken breasts, then pour remaining salsa over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2.5-3 hours or until chicken is tender and white throughout. Do not overcook or chicken will be tough. Remove chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add back to slow cooker.
3. Add cream cheese (cut into cubes to melt faster) and turn cooker to high heat. Heat until cream cheese melts and blends into sauce. Serve over rice. Top with shredded cheese.
Serves 4.
~cooking light -message boards

*How I made it:
I added in some green onions and white onions to the corn and beans mixture (I had lots of mixture leftover, it's good with chips!). Grilled the chicken breasts, put them in a 9x13 pan, with the bean/salsa mixture, shredded cheese on top and baked till the cheeses melted. My cream cheese never blended in so next time I'll mix it with the salsa. Also next time I'll use Mexican rice instead. This one is a keeper, we all loved it!

enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment