Saturday, September 13, 2008

Teriyaki Sauce



Here is a great sauce for whatever you'd like. I found the recipe here, and with all the rave reviews, I knew it would be good. It's very fast and easy to make, but you might want to double it for the extra sauce. I served this with oven baked boneless chicken thighs with a trio blend of peppers and onions, over jasmine rice. So so good, the kids sure ate it up!

1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.





Print
Pin It!

1 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. I'm an allrecipes fan and your photos are beautiful! Thanks for inspiring my cooking!!

Post a Comment