Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yard Sale Goodies: Cinnamon Rolls and Chocolate Chip Cookies



The other weekend we decided to have our yard sale from moving (we waited since we now have a driveway/yard lol), so yes we packed and moved all our junk with us. At the last minute I decided to add to the chaos and bake some treats to help make some money, and help spread the word of my blog, right? I made 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies and a batch of cinnamon rolls, from my favorite recipes. There is something good about this house, the stove cooks my food wonderfully, and makes it smell so good (must be the smaller home?), and even making the cinnamon roll dough it wasn't as wet as when I made it at the other house, it was beautiful! Plus, see in my collage, I can now roll out my dough on my counter, no more using my stove top! lol

I love these cinnamon rolls, and have been making them since I found them. As for the yard sale, it didn't go so great, our St. is up quite a few other streets. Not the best location for yard sales. Oh well. I did sell 2 packs of cinnamon rolls to a lady, I hope she enjoyed them! I sold lots of baggies of cookies too.


Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls
from My Kitchen Cafe see slightly adapted #2

Rolls:
½ cup warm water
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 ½ ounce package instant vanilla pudding (made into pudding)
½ cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
6+ cups flour

Filling:
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon

Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
dash if cinnamon

In a small bowl combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside. In large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare according to package directions. Add butter, eggs and salt. Mix well. Then add yeast mixture. Blend. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Do not over flour the dough! It should be very soft but not sticky. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled. Then roll out on floured board to 34 X 21 inches in size. Take 1 cup soft butter and spread over surface. In bowl, mix 2 cups brown sugar and 4 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top. Roll up very tightly. With knife put a notch every 1 1/2 inches. Cut with thread or serrated knife. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Cover and let rise until double again. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Remove when they start to turn golden (don’t over bake). Frost warm rolls with cream cheese frosting (combine butter and cream cheese and mix well, then add vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, mix again, then add milk for desired consistency). Makes about 24 very large rolls.

*Freezable Recipe: After shaping the rolls and placing them on the baking sheet, cover with lightly greased saran wrap and a layer of tin foil. Store in the freezer. The night before you want to serve them take out the rolls and put them in the refrigerator. Let them thaw in the refrigerator. Take them out about 8-9 hours after being in the refrigerator and let them rise until doubled. Bake according to the recipe. (If you have less time, you can take the rolls out of the freezer and let them come to room temperature on the counter – about 4 hours, then let rise until doubled).


Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes a double batch

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix powder until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Shelby said...

Chris is sitting here with me looking at the computer - I said OMG those cinnamon rolls look good. He say's those cookies look "gooder". LMBO. I think they both look great and since I can't really eat cinnamon rolls right now but I can eat one cookie and not feel guilty - I think I will make your cookie recipe today if I have the pudding! They look nice and thick. Yum. Grumpy will like that!

Post a Comment