Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keeping Cool This Summer with Musselman's Applesauce: Review





 
Summer is here and it’s time for barbeques with family and friends, picnics at the park and swimming at the nearest beach or pool. To help you prepare for the summer sun, Musselman’s Apple Sauce would like to share some creative tips that will help you keep your cool throughout the season.

We were sent a cute picnic basket full of great Musselman's Applesauce products and recipe cards. We dove right into making the Creamy Peach Berry Smoothie and Ice Pops, with my addition of mangoes. It was delicious and I liked the natural applesauce added to it, it make it sweet without adding sugar. I made ice pops with most of it and drank the rest as a smoothie. Yum. The next day after a dip in the kiddie pool, they had an ice pop for a cooling off treat.
Another recipe I will use is their Southwest Apple Butter Barbeque Sauce and I'll use that on some grilled pork chops. This uses their apple butter, mmm. I love to use apple butter on toasted cinnamon raisin bagels.

Some great tips and ideas for using Musselman's Applesauce:
-Freeze single serve applesauce cups and they'll help keep the rest of your picnic/school lunch cold
-Fill ice pop molds with Musselman's Totally Fruit Apple Sauce (my fave!) and freeze for a healthy snack
-Add 1/2 Cup Musselman's Natural Apple Sauce into 1 pound of ground beef for moist flavorful burgers

Musselman's also provides recipes for delicious summer smoothies, a green summer salsa that is perfect for entertaining, and a salad dressing and barbeque sauce that are tasty for both kids and adults. To find more recipes click here. Find a store near you with their store finder.
You can find Musselman's on Facebook and Twitter.



click to read



*Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Musselman's Applesauce. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co. Thank you Musselman's.

Print
Pin It!

1 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment