Monday, July 11, 2011

Kitchen Basics with Giada De Laurentiis: Review


We were sent a few Kitchen Basics products by Giada De Laurentiis for review. In this package was a box of Galleti pasta, Genovese Basil Pesto, Parmesan Garlic Vinaigrette, and Herb and Lemon Dipping Oil. These specialty food items from Giada are exclusively from Target, have you all seen them there?


I love watching her shows and she always gets me craving pasta. So of course I tried the recipe on the back of her Galletti pasta box for Galletti with Asparagus and Prosciutto. The recipe is so easy to prepare so I made that for our lunch one day, along with some nice crusty bread to dip in the dipping oil. I used my own home grown basil and cut up cheese sticks (note, add those last so they don't melt down into a ball, lol). It was delish and with simple flavors the kids even ate it.
Another night I made some Alfredo and pesto with chicken and broccoli. Wow, that pesto sauce is great. I'll be using the Parmesan Garlic Vinaigrette for salad tomorrow, I bet that's as good as it sounds too.

Next time I'm at Target I'll be sure to check out Giada's other specialty food products.


click to read


*Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Kitchen Basics . The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

4 Lovely Comments:

karenmed409 said...

this looks Yummy! I like products that give you a recipe to try out on the labels. I like the pasta you used, it make a very nice attractive look, I know the kids will gobble this up.
Thanks for the review

mindy25414 said...

awesome! This actually looks like a good dish for picky eaters and my husband can easily pick out his veggies LOL This is on my grocery list for next week.

Post a Comment