Jungle Speed is the fast and furious game of quick thinking and lightening fast reflexes. Think classic card games Spoons or WAR, embellish the cards with abstract shapes and colors and add a call to action to race opponents to a totem. Each player must be spot-on, in between outbursts of laughter and action. Jungle Speed features easy-to-learn play for entertaining and animated fun for the entire family.
It’s good for the brain, too. Recent research shows that board games, such as Jungle Speed, are positively impacting on children’s cognitive development skills and brain motor function. The game play also helps kids develop valuable skills in patience, cooperation, concentration, teamwork and perseverance.
The Jungle Speed game is engaging and exciting. The complete deck of cards featuring abstract images is divided evenly among all players. They place their cards face down in front of them. A bright yellow totem is placed in the middle of the table.
• Each player, in turn, reveals the top card of their draw pile. As players become more familiar with the symbols, they flip cards faster. Players are looking for identical cards. Colors do not matter, only symbols.
• If two cards are identical, those players must make a grab for the totem. The faster player then gets to dump off all their cards to their unfortunate adversary.
• To add to the difficulty, certain symbols on the cards are almost identical, which can trick a player into grabbing the totem by mistake.
• Just when players think they've got it down, one of three special cards can temporarily change the rules and keep them on the edge. Players may be called to make a grab at once, look for matching colors and not symbols, or even simultaneously flip cards.
• The first person to get rid of all their cards wins the game.
• Players: 2 to 10
• Price: $19.99/ Ages: 8 and up/ Availability: July 2011
We had fun playing this game, it kind of reminded me on Uno. It's a fast paced game wo you have to be with it. It comes with a little drawstring bag to keep everything together also. There are some videos on youtube if you want to get a feel for how it's played, and some people put the totem in another room to make it more fun and challenging and crazy (I wouldn't do that with the kids, but maybe for adults playing).
ONE "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" fan will win a Jungle Speed Game .