Thursday, December 29, 2011

300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide


 300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide written Sloan-Mcintosh.
The humble potato is a culinary powerhouse and inspires adventurous and tantalizing fare.
A "desert island" vegetable if ever there was one, the potato appeals to all of us, whether in the form of traditional comfort dishes or in the guise of the new and exotic. Versatile, nutritious, inexpensive and unfailingly delicious, no other vegetable, and few foods in general, can make those claims.

Recipes include: Appetizers and snacks, soups and salads, side dishes, main courses, hearty vegetarian main dishes, baked goods and desserts make up this vast and colorful collection of recipes. The author also includes a complete history and origins of potatoes as well as a comprehensive chapter that covers hundreds of potato varieties.


These are just some of the delicious possibilities that the humble potato offers in this wide and varied assortment of recipes:

•Garlic roasties with rosemary
•Real English chips
•Gnocchi-roni and cheese
•All-American potato pancakes
•Sweet potato-crusted shrimp
•East Coast chowder
•Creole potato salad
•French potato galette
•Potato lasagna
•Sweet potato gnocchi
•Mennonite country potato doughnuts
•Potato fudge
Kathleen Sloan-Mcintosh is an author, food journalist and the owner and operator of the Black Dog Village Pub & Bistro in Bayfield, Ontario.


For my review, I decided that I would try the Grilled Potatoes with Cream Aioli this night. I simply boiled the potatoes for a quick 5 minutes, then I threaded them onto my rope skewer thing and grilled them for 10 minutes. The Aioli sauce is garlic, egg yolks, lemon huice, olive oil, dijon mustard salt and pepper and dill. These were delicious with our grilled steaks.
I have a 5 lb bag of Yukon Gold potatoes in my pantry that need to be used up, I'll have to look for a few other recipes in this book so I can use them up. This book sure has every kind of potato recipe you could possible think of.



*Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about 300 Best Potato Recipes. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

1 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks fab. I would love to see what is included. We love potato sides:)

Post a Comment