Sunday, April 22, 2012

San Diego Food Bloggers Bake Sale, April 28th

So when I heard of the San Diego Food Bloggers Bake Sale coming up, I jumped at the chance to join in. I love donating to great causes and of course baking and sharing my goodies. Marie of Meandering Eats has helped put together this event that will help raise money for Share Our Strength.

Share Our Strength is  a national nonprofit organization, that is striving to end childhood hunger in America. Their goal is to end childhood hunger in America and with bake sales like this one, they hope to raise enough money by 2015.
This year's event will be at Great News (1788 Garnet Avenue, SD, 92109 in Pacific Beach) on Saturday, April 28, from 10a-2p. Great News is a cookware retail shop and a cooking school. Oh my, I know if I step foot in there, I could be in big trouble. More kitchen goodies? Yes, please! I do need a new food processor! *wink

This is San Diego's second year fundraising for Share Our Strength and we have a goal to raise $2500. We would appreciate any and all donations, which can be made directly to Share Our Strength via the DONATE NOW link, which is great in case you're not able to make it down to see us.

This year's San Diego Food Bloggers Bake Sale will have baked goods from a large group of local food bloggers and bakers, including sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan treats, something for everyone.

Please be sure to check out Great News on Facebook and Twitter.
Come see our San Diego Food Bloggers Bake Sale Facebook Event Page.

I know I will be providing some gluten free goodies as well as some other treats. I will be baking up delicious gluten free carrot cake cupcakes and  gluten free crumb cake cupcakes (free samples too), blueberry streusel muffins, cookie dough brownies and chocolate peanut butter bars.
I can't wait to meet the other local bloggers out here and possibly buy some goodies for my family to enjoy as well. I also hope you locals can get over here to donate for a great cause, come by and say HI =)

I'll be at the lime green table, please take a card =)


Print
Pin It!

2 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I knew about this sooner! I'd have loved to participate! Guess I'll have to settle for just shopping. See you there!

Rachel
http://www.howboutsomecake.wordpress.com

Post a Comment