Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mini Donuts: 100 Bite-Sized Donut Recipes to Sweeten Your "Hole" Day by Jessica Segarra



Mini Donuts: 100 Bite-Sized Donut Recipes to Sweeten Your "Hole" Day by Jessica Segarra has a book to brighten your day! Yep, donuts not just for breakfast, anytime! She's got all the traditional faves we all like and some new fun flavors too. You'll find helpful step by step instructions and lots of recipes in Mini Donuts. What are your favorite donuts? Comment below and let me know!

Uh oh!! I could be in trouble here! This is the cutest book of mini donut recipes, and because I didn't want to be left out, I adapted the recipes we've tried so far to be gluten free. Oh my, they were good! So, if you happen to have a mini donut pan, or an electric donut maker or a big skillet to fry in, you're in luck and need to get yourself this recipe book.

apple fritters

The decisions on what to make were almost impossible! Well ok, I was limited since I could only fry them (I promise to get myself a donut pan, and when I do you can see updates on my Instagram & Facebook with hashtags #minidonuts #mommyimhungry). But gosh, fried? Oh well, I workout plus doing so helps manage my diabetes, so I can sneak a few mini donuts lol. I made her Dr Pepper Fried Mini Donut and Apple Fritter recipes.

To make them gluten free, I just subbed in a gluten free flour blend (from No Gluten, No Problem) and thankfully they turned out delicious!

GF Apple Fritters, nice & soft inside

I have many pages marked to make such as, snickerdoodle fried mini donuts, salted caramel mini donuts, my oldest would like these the winnie the pooh honey glazed fried mini donuts, glazed fried mini donuts, Mr. would love the reese's pb cup mini donuts, coconut lime mini donuts, chocolate bacon maple mini donuts...and there's so much more!

This book is available as hardcover and kindle edition in your bookstores and online. Please follow along with Jessica on her blog, The Novice Chef, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, she's real friendly! :)

Dr Pepper Fried Mini Donuts {gluten free}


 



 

  *Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Mini Donuts . The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment