Saturday, May 13, 2017

Gumbo Love: Recipes for Gulf Coast Cooking, Entertaining, and Savoring the Good Life by Lucy Buffett, Cookbook Review!




"Life is short-eat dessert first" so I did! I was offered to review the newest cookbook from Lucy Buffett, Gumbo Love: Recipes for Gulf Coast Cooking, Entertaining, and Savoring the Good Life. Being born in Key West, I was excited to see what this was all about. Well the sweet tooth in me (even though I have been low-no sugar since Feb) went for the desserts. Being Mother's Day weekend I thought I'd treat myself. This Easy-Peasy Chocolate Sauce wasn't just easy, it was delicious! Another sweet tooth recipe that caught my eye is her Chocolate Brownie Flan. 

Incorporating Caribbean, Cajun, Cuban, Mexican, Old Florida, and Creole influences, Lucy proves through her collection of recipes that the Gulf Coast has its own distinct flavors and traditions that make it a destination year after year.

Like her brother, Jimmy Buffett, Lucy celebrates freedom, relaxation, and seaside decadence in her own art — cooking. In her new book, Lucy combines over one hundred new recipes with old favorites, including gumbos, main dishes, deep fried favorites, salads, seasonings, libations, and desserts.

A perfect Mother's Day brunch from her book might include:

-Highbrow Margarita
-Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad
-Spicy Shrimp Ceviche
-Key West Tuna Burger
-Southern Pound Cake with Strawberries



 leave it alone while it heats up in a double boiler!

let's eat!

mmmm!



*Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Gumbo Love. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Product info and stock images if any are provided by PR or Co.

Rachelle

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment