Sunday, February 10, 2008

Classic Waffles



2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.


~allrecipes/submitted by Megan
~my side note:
I made buttermilk for my recipe, just added about 1-2 Tbl of white vinegar in the milk. I mixed it with my stand mixer and let the batter sit for a few minutes. The batter turned into a sponge like consistency, airy and delicate. I used a little more milk and stirred it to make it easier to scoop and pour.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment