Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Ooey Gooey Goodness Birthday Cake

Happy Birthday to my Husband! We celebrated a little early, since we were at Disneyland the same weekend. Yay!

Anyways, a few months ago, I came across this recipe and knew I had to make for his Birthday. Iam just giving it a new name for my Blog.
I used a devil's food cake mix, hot fudge topping, caramel topping, skor bars, and cool whip. It's a very easy cake to make. I knew I did not want to serve it in a 9x13 pan (how tacky), so I used my 10" spring form pan. Baked it about 40 minutes at 325', then immediately poked holes with the handle of a wooden spoon, all over the cake. Then poured each topping over the cake, letting each settle for a bit before adding the next. I let it set up in the fridge, and when it came time to serve, I took the spring form off, and decorated with dollops of cool whip with drizzled topping and skor bars all over. This cake is SO good! But next time I might either leave the skor bars out or use something else, the crunch didn't do it for me.
You must try this one!

Pin It!

4 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post, your welcome to join the NO1 food blogging forum at

click here for jeenas food recipe cooking forum

See you there.


Indigo said...

Ohh, this looks ridiculously good. I could just eat a piece or four now...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. For giveaway entries, please follow the form rules.