Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Everyday Waffles

Happy 100th posting to me!



1 3/4 Cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbl granulated sugar
3 eggs, separated
1 1/2 Cups milk (I make into buttermilk with 1 TBL white vinegar added)
7 TBL vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingredients in a bowl. In a mixer, beat egg whites until stiff. Add yolks, milk, oil and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix. Gently fold egg whites into the batter. Pour onto preheated waffle iron.


~My side note:
This is a recipe that I have changed up a little. I have blogged about other waffles I've made, but I have made these many times and has become THE waffle recipe I use most. I use a 1/2 C. scoop to pour the batter, for each waffle. Sometimes I make a double batch and freeze the waffles for a quick weekday breakfast, just pop into the toaster for a second.








Print
Pin It!

1 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment