Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Family Meatloaf



This recipe is of my Father In Law. The only one my Husband will eat. They used to own a Restaurant in a little town on Highway 101 in Northern Ca. I kinda tweak it now and again adding in whatever sounds good. There are no measurements on my copy so I will guesstimate for you.

2 lbs Ground Beef
1 Cup raw oatmeal oats
1 Tbl. Cajun seasoning
1 Tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tsp. onion powder
1 egg, beaten

*my add ins
2 Tbl. dried parsley
1/2 diced onion
1/4 C. seasoned bread crumbs
1 Tbl. minced garlic
1 packet onion soup mix

Combine all in a large mixing bowl. Press into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes at 350'. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and remove from pan and let finish draining on a plate.

Print
Pin It!

1 Lovely Comments:

Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

How funny you post this one. I have been wanting to make a meatloaf this past week. Was going to look online for a recipe.

Post a Comment