Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mom's Sloppy Joes

Very simple and much much better than that canned stuff. Yes, I did try it once, when my Husband did the shopping that week. He knows not to buy it again. I make a double batch (posted below) for my family of 5 and it'll give us leftovers for lunch the next day.

2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey (or mix both, I did)
2 TBL each of:
white vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
granulated sugar
24 oz. bottle of ketchup

Brown meat and drain. Mix with remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on buns.

Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

laurelg1 said...


I came across your site via TasteSpotting - while looking for a pork sandwich recipe. I enjoyed surfing your site and am particularly interested in trying some of the recipes. Thanks!

Laurel - Jax, Fl

colleen said...

I make my version of sloppy joes all the time for my family. it is so similar to yours. i use tomato sauce and a little tomato paste instead of ketchup. also try adding some diced green bell peppers with the good....

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. For giveaway entries, please follow the form rules.