Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mom's Sloppy Joes



Very simple and much much better than that canned stuff. Yes, I did try it once, when my Husband did the shopping that week. He knows not to buy it again. I make a double batch (posted below) for my family of 5 and it'll give us leftovers for lunch the next day.

2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey (or mix both, I did)
2 TBL each of:
white vinegar
water
mustard
Worcestershire sauce
granulated sugar
24 oz. bottle of ketchup

Brown meat and drain. Mix with remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on buns.


Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Laurel said...

Hello!

I came across your site via TasteSpotting - while looking for a pork sandwich recipe. I enjoyed surfing your site and am particularly interested in trying some of the recipes. Thanks!

Laurel - Jax, Fl

Anonymous said...

I make my version of sloppy joes all the time for my family. it is so similar to yours. i use tomato sauce and a little tomato paste instead of ketchup. also try adding some diced green bell peppers with the meat....so good....

Post a Comment