Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Chocolate Cream Tart



Chocolate lovers head on over to Kim's blog Scrumptious Photography to get this recipe! She chose this weeks TWD Chocolate Cream Tart. I almost passed on this weeks recipe, but decided at the last minute to go ahead with it. I'm so glad I did, it is pure delicious! This is the kind of dessert to serve to company, its decadent and beautiful. Rich, cool and creamy! Who can resist?

It reminds me a little of this recipe I made a while back, but I think Dorie's is sooooo much better and I didn't have any issues with it. I've also overcome my hardships of crust since that post. Of course it helps that Dorie has some spectacular (and super easy!) pie/tart crust recipes in her book!


For my tart, I added some almonds to the crust (just remember if you do this, to omit 1/4 C of flour and replace with 1/4 ground nuts). Then to bring back the flavors of last week's TWD, I used a little hazelnut creamer (I only had 1/4 C left) again for the filling and sprinkled almonds on top. I used a pie dish for mine, since I don't have a tart pan.

Since this is such a rich dessert, you may want to use a mix of melted semi-sweet and milk chocolate, or if you like a richer flavor, use the dark chocolate. I used 60% chocolate. Next time I may use some milk chocolate in it.

Oh also, this uses a fully baked crust, which can be done ahead of time, as well as the filling! It needs lots of chill time to set up, so keep that in mind too.



enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

9 Lovely Comments:

Amanda said...

That looks amazing!! We LOVED this cream tart, so awesome. In my top 3 faves!

Kayte said...

Oh, this is so beautiful with all your little swirled creams...very very lovely.
Kayte
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

Sihan said...

I love all the nutty additions you made. and I'm sure that your tart was lovely to the max! wonderful.

Jamie said...

This looks absolutely amazing!! It looks so dense and creamy and yummy! Mmmm I have got to make this, even if I end up being forced to eat it all myself!

TeaLady said...

Rachelle, that is a beautiful tart. The shaved chocolate on top of the whipped cream 'flowers' looks so incredibly elegant. Wonderful.

Post a Comment