Thursday, June 18, 2009

Review: Simply Salads Recipe Book



I was contacted and asked if I would like to review Simply Salads by Jennifer Chandler. Of course I said yes! I love recipe books with great ideas! This book is packed full with more than 100 recipe ideas, and dressings. Jennifer's book is based on ready to eat packaged salad mixes, but of course you could buy a head of lettuce and go that way.



I decided to make a quick and easy dressing to go with dinner. Garlic Vinaigrette.

Garlic
Dijon mustard
White wine vinegar
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

I made this in my food processor and let the oil emulsify. I did buy a bag of mixed greens from Trader Joe's and added in another head of romaine, tomatoes, and extra carrots. It was great!
I was so excited to get to use my salad spinner! That was my $3 find at my favorite 2nd hand shop. No more soggy salads (especially when family is over for dinner!).

What a great little book this is! Thanks Jennifer for allowing me to review it for my blog!

enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment