Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apple Crisp

From Mommy I'm Hungry

I recently found a great blog also full of recipes and yummy food photos, Honey and Jam. When I saw she made this apple crisp, I just had to make some too! I much prefer a cobbler over a crisp but not that day. Lucky for me they had apples .47/lb so I got tons of Granny Smiths (for another craft coming up). I served it up warm with some whipped cream. Of course vanilla bean ice cream would've been better! =)


Apple Crisp -found here
bake in an 8×8 baking dish or double the recipe and bake in a 9×13 dish

Filling:

5 to 6 medium-size apples , peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices. (About 7.5 cups)

6 tbsp granulated sugar

2 1/2 tsp cinnamon

From Mommy I'm Hungry


Topping:

1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/3 cups lightly packed brown sugar

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 stick unsalted butter, well-softened

1/3 heaping cup quick oats

Preheat the oven to 350. Generously grease an 8×8 baking pan with butter.Place a layer of apple slices in the bottom of the pan and dust with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Continue layering apples and dusting with cinnamon/sugar until done. The apples should be just about to the top of the pan (they will cook down).

For the topping, place the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats in a large bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon. Work the butter into the mixture with your fingertips until evenly distributed. It will be sort of dough-like. Spread the topping evenly over the apples.

Bake the crisp in the dish on a baking sheet on the center oven rack until the topping is crunchy and the apples are bubbling, 55-60 minutes. Serve warm.

From Mommy I'm Hungry

From Mommy I'm Hungry


enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Me said...

YUMMY!! I am hitting the farmers market this Sat for apples so I know what we are having for a treat on Sunday!! Thanks!

Faye @ GreenOrganicMama.com said...

This is FANTASTIC :)

I made this with organic apples, two peaches, a little less brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. The house smells wonderful! LOL :)

*hugs*

_____________________________________
Faye @ GreenOrganicMama.com
Simple changes to make every day Earth Day

Post a Comment