Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Perfect Roast Chicken




I have found my perfect way to roast chickens so they come out nice and juicy! I don't measure anything, I just eyeball it to our liking. I may have got the cooking down, but the carving up, not so.

Roast Chicken

3-4 lb whole chicken
canola oil -enough to coat chicken
salt
pepper
minced/crushed garlic
butter

rinse pat chicken dry, rub with oil, salt and pepper then tuck pieces of butter and seasonings up under the skin of the breast meat and inside the chicken. Tuck wings behind the shoulder, and toothpick close the cavity end (pierce it through the skin/fat).

Place on rack in shallow baking dish. Roast 425' for 30 minutes then, 350' last 40-45 mins until the juice from the thigh runs clear. Let rest about 10 minutes before slicing up. *Tip, cut the whole breast off in one piece, then slice into pieces.

From Mommy I'm Hungry

with herb gravy
From Mommy I'm Hungry

seasoned with garlic & a Spice it Now herbs packet blend

enjoy,
sorry this formatted so silly

Print
Pin It!

4 Lovely Comments:

Roeshel said...

This looks soooo good! My husband does the cooking, but I might surprise him with this recipe this week. :)

Thanks for sharing! I'm now a follower...he might come home to a few home cooked meals!

Roeshel
thediyshowoff@gmail.com

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I hadn't roasted a chicken in years, until last week. Pretty much as you say, but I placed the chicken on half inch onion slices. Instead of crushing the garlic, I placed about eight whole cloves in the cavity. And basted every 20 minutes. I was fixing for friends after a ball game, which ran over by about 30 minutes, so I left the hen in the oven. Perfect!! I shall try again, soon.

Post a Comment