Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cinnamon and Nutmeg French Toast Bake



A nice and simple version to all the other versions I've made before. I bought a loaf of thick sliced french toast bread and cubed it up. This time I used a little hazelnut flavored creamer for some added goodness.
Also let me remind you, if you have never had a baked french toast, this is similar to a bread pudding. It comes out fluffy, nice and soft.



Cinnamon and Nutmeg French Toast Bake

12 slices day old french bread loaf (sliced 1" thick), cubed
5 eggs
2 1/2 Cups milk
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C flavored liquid coffee creamer (optional but adds a yummy flavor!)

In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and creamer; set aside. Placed bread cubes in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Pour egg mixture over all in pan (the bread will absorb most of this by morning). Cover and refrigerate for 8 hrs or overnight. Bake uncovered at 350' for 40-55 mins. It may take longer because it was chilled before going into the oven.

You can find this similar recipe throughout my blog through this search. I usually make this as sliced bread with a flavored cream cheese filling turning them into sandwiches.



enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

1 Lovely Comments:

NikiTheo said...

Wow, adding flavored creamer sounds like a fantastic idea! I can't believe I've never seen that before today! Thanks for the idea!

Post a Comment