Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Salsas are perfect for finding ways to feed your family healthy, delicious and quick meals while getting the best value for your money.
All salsas are:
· Gluten-free and Fat-free
· Made only with natural ingredients
· Found in most leading grocery and specialty food stores in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean and the U.K.
· Perfect for today’s busy and cost-conscious families looking for short-cuts in healthy meal preparation
· Every 16 oz. jar features a simple and tasty recipe right on the label for creative and healthy meal ideas.
· Easy on the pocketbook, costing about $3.49 a 16-oz. jar
Mrs. Renfro’s salsas come in a variety of flavors that are sure to please any taste bud ranging from mild to sweet heat to hot to scary hot. Flavors include: include Peach, Roasted, Garlic, Habanero, Mango Habanero, Raspberry Chipotle, Black Bean, Pomegranate, Tequila, Chipotle Corn, Green and award-winning Pineapple, among others. Its newest salsa is also its hottest – Ghost Pepper – made with the world’s hottest chile pepper, Bhut Jolokia., and is also a 2011 Scoville Award Winner.
As a community minded company, in 2007, Renfro Foods launched its Pink Lid Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. Six of its top-selling salsas - Mango Habanero, Green, Black Bean, Raspberry Chipotle, Habanero, and Peach - were all re-fitted with pink lids and new labels. A portion of the sales were given to organizations and institutions involved in cancer research. To date, the company has donated $45,000 to cancer research.
Additionally, Mrs. Renfro’s salsa was named among the “125 Best Packaged Foods for Women” by Women’s Health magazine.
I was able to choose which flavors to review, so I went with salsas not so hot. So the Peach, Garlic, Roasted and Pineapple salsas were sent. After looking at their site in their recipe files, I chose to make thier peach salsa chicken. I served it over rice with extra salsa (I reserved), it was really good! Even smelled great grilling.
Grilled Peach Salsa Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 jar Mrs. Renfro's Peach Salsa
Place 4 boneless chicken breasts in container and pour 1 jar of Mrs. Renfro's Peach Salsa evenly over it. Let marinate overnight in refrigerator. Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally until done.
Another time we just snacked on the Garlic salsa with chips. Even my 7 year old loved it. I came in and asked, "Where'd all the salsa go?", the dish was empty! She said she couldn't help it, it was "soooo good!" hahaha
I used a cup of that garlic salsa in the recipe for crockpot tacos the other night. Tonight we're having the leftover crockpot tacos made into nachos, and I'm going to use some of the roasted salsa in some melted cheese sauce. These salsas have my family's approval!
You may also find them on Facebook and Twitter too!
(This is a must before any extra entries will be accepted!)
2. Follow me on Twitter @MommyImHungry and tweet about this giveaway URL
(use my Tweet buttons above or below this post)
4. Become a follower of my recipe blog if you're hungry
This Giveaway ends: 11:59 pm pst, Thursday, January 19, 2011.
Please read the fine print:
- Open to USA and Canada!
- Please leave your email
- Winner(s) will be notified by email (check junk files!) & announced on my Blog, Twitter & FB soon after
- I will choose my winner(s) using Random.org
- Winner(s) will have 72 hours to claim their prize before a new winner is chosen
- Important! Please read about my giveaway rules HERE*
Be sure to check out my other giveaways too!
I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Salsas. I received free product to keep for this review from Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Salsas PR. All opinions for this review are that of myself & family. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co.