Sunday, February 21, 2010

French Brie and Ham Baguette



It's not very often a Sandra Lee recipes gets my attention, enough to want to make it (these did, and are a huge hit during the Holidays!) but since I was doing an Alouette review already, I picked some up to try this recipe. I am not a hot crispy sandwich kind of person (the toasty crunchy bread cuts up my mouth, lol), but I decided to just try it anyways.

I found some take & bake ciabatta rolls (at Fresh & Easy), so I toasted it up first, then made the sandwich. Since I didn't have any foil, I wrapped it parchment twisting the ends so the filling would not run out. Placed it on an upside down cookie sheet and used my cast iron tortilla pan to weight it down (press it like a panini). Baked for about 10 minutes, and it was ready!

I liked it! I saved half in the fridge for later, but guess what! It was gone when I remember it. I thought one of the kids snuck off with it. Later on I found out MR. ate it! I never suspected him to like jam and meat together so I didnt' even tell him about it. Another day I made one with apricot preserves and offered him half. He ate it!! =)


French Brie and Ham Baguette

1 (18 to 20-inch) baguette (individual ciabatta rolls)
1/3 cup peach or raspberry preserves
1 (6-ounce) package deli ham slices (black forest ham)
1 (5-ounce) wedge brie, sliced, room temperature (recommended: Alouette)

Slice baguette horizontally with a serrated bread knife. Spread preserves on both sides of bread. On bottom half of baguette, lay down overlapping slices of ham and top with slices of brie. Place top of baguette on sandwich. Cut into 1-inch pieces and secure with decorative sandwich picks.

Optional: heat in a 400 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.


See, little boy wanted to be like me & take a food photo too! haha!



enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

6 Lovely Comments:

Ashley said...

Wow...that looks so delicious & completely easy to do! I know what I'm having for dinner this week!

Kim - Easy French Food said...

Hi there. I think this is a great idea! My son is crazy for brie en croute with fig jam, but with your idea I can fix him a sandwich (he comes home for lunch) along the same lines. He's going to love it. Thanks so much!

grace said...

this must taste so sweet and delicious--it's like an entree and dessert combined into one amazing creation! it's gorgeous to behold, too--nicely done. :)

Jane said...

Oh my goodness...that looks so good!

When you have a minute, come on over to my blog. I have a Sunshine Award for you!

www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.blogspot.com

Post a Comment