Thursday, June 17, 2010

MamaBuzz Review: Whish Pomegranate Sugar Scrub

Whish Logo

Us MamaBuzz reviewers were able to review Whish body products. I was sent a trial size of Pomegranate Sugar Scrub. Here is some info about them and the sugar scrub:

"Exfoliate and moisturize without the runny and greasy oils of the typical scrub!"

Extremely dry skin needs an extremely efficient solution and our scrumptious sugar scrub works like a charm. With an amazingly effective trio of exfoliants and a triple dose of moisturizers your dull, dry skin will be polished to nourished perfection in no time. Who knew beautifying could be so yummy?

All Three Whishes products contain Organic Aloe, Organic Raspberry Butter, and Organic Shea Butter, enhancing life’s little desires three at a time. Indulge in pomegranate for its repairing and rejuvenating antioxidants.

Pomegranate Sugar Scrub is made in the USA with Earth friendly packaging and ingredients. Tested on us, not animals™.
their formula:
exfoliates – brown sugar, raspberry seed, bamboo powder, organic sugar cane.
moisturizes – organic shea butter, organic raspberry butter, organic aloe.
renews – vitamin E extract, organic avocado oil.

Whish Pomegranate Sugar Scrub is Gluten Free, Paraben Free, Sulfate Free, DEA & TEA Free, Petrochemical Free and they are made from All Natural & Organic Ingredients.

Handy dandy links I made for you: read the How-To-Use tips, shop online, or find a store near you and like them on Facebook too!


My Review:
SO, this goes to show how girlie girl I am NOT. I have never used a sugar scrub before, there were no directions on the tube saying what to do. I squeezed a good amount into my hand to use as my final step in the shower. UM, this went on like butter, in a bad way. Well first it was smooth and nice with a little exfoliating going on, but since I was in the shower and the water was hitting me, I knew something was not right. It was not washing off! It was like dumping oil on your skin and trying to wash it off, beading up like rain hitting a freshly waxed car. My skin felt so greasy, and it took 3 good soapy lathers to get it off. What?? Really? People like that? See I'm not a girlie girl, I don't use a lot of beauty products to know these things.

Ah ha! After my horrible experience I went online to find out what I was doing wrong. I just kept reading how people liked this scrub! I had to dig around to find proper directions and found this:
Directions For Use: source
Apply to wet skin and massage with circular movements. Rinse well with warm water. Use once or twice a week.

Ingredients:

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Isopropyl Palmitate, Organic Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Organic Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus (Organic Sunflower) Oil, Brown Sugar, Decyl Glucoside, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem (Bamboo) Powder, Punica Granatum (Organic Pomegranate) Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Caprylate, (Organic) Sugar Cane Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Persea Gratissima (Organic Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Rubus Idaeus (Organic Raspberry) Juice, Mango Extract, Octyldodecanol, Limonene

So, do I try the scrub again and see how I like it? I don't know, that kinda discouraged me. Do you ladies out there use sugar scrubs? Do they rinse off well? Or am I such a clueless girl? Maybe I'll give it another go, for my feet.

We were also sent samples of Pomegranate Shave Savour Hair Inhibiting Gel and Pomegranate Three Whishes Body Wash. I really likes the body wash, it smelled great and left my skin soft. I keep forgetting to try the gel, so I'll have to leave that out next to my towel so I can remember.


MamaBuzz

I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Whish products. I received free product from Whish through MamaBuzz to keep for this review. All opinions for this review are that of myself & family. Product info & stock images provided by PR.


Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment