Monday, August 2, 2010

Grilled Corn on the Cob



Mr. introduced me to grilled corn on the cob when we started dating. I have never had boiled corn on the cob since. lol. There is nothing special to do, I buy white corn and keep it in the fridge until grill time. The chill will create moisture to help it cook the corn when grilling (some people soak it).


I use a medium-high heat (gas grill) and keep turning the corn every so often until it's all nice and charred, about 25 minutes. Let it cool slightly, take a damp clean rag and pull off the husks and wipe the silks away. A little butter, salt and pepper and it's SOOO good! The corn is light and crisp. I bought 8 ears of corn for the 5 of us, they were gone! We all love it.

How do you like your corn on the cob?



enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Leah Beyer said...

Love, love corn on the cob. I am never brave enough to grill it though.

camille said...

I hadn't had grilled corn on the cob until really recently, and now I don't want it any other way. Unfortunately, I don't have a grill (or a yard, or a deck, or anywhere to put the thing...) but guess what, you can get the same effect wrapping up a husked cob of corn in tinfoil with a bit of butter and salt in there and roasting it in the oven! SO GOOD OMG.

Anonymous said...

Try grilling it with the husks removed. Your way you are just steaming it.

Post a Comment