Saturday, November 20, 2010

Glutton For Pleasure by Bob Blumer: Cookbook Review


I received a copy of Glutton For Pleasure: Signature Recipes, Epic Stories, and Surreal Etiquette by Bob Blumer for review. Bob Blumer is the creator and host of Food Network's The Surreal Gourmet and Glutton for Punishment.
I know I've got to try his Chocolate Wontons with peanut butter, banana and caramel candies in them! Or the Mambo Chicken with a mango salsa looks good too! He's got a lot of quirky recipes in this book such as, cereal killer soup, flower pot salad, meatloaf surprise (cake!), dishwasher salmon and cracker jack soup! This book is large, fun contains his personal stories and even kitchen feng shui, making your kitchen work with you and being efficient.


The one thing that caught my eye was the Lassi Come Home, a mango and banana smoothie. It was a perfect after school treat (since it was warmer then). It was nice and thick, spoon thick and had great mango and banana flavor. I used a little ginger too, but couldn't even taste it.

Lassi Come Home
banana
mango (I used frozen diced)
plain yogurt
fresh grated ginger
ice cubes

This book can be found at amazon and other book stores. You may also find Bob on Facebook.




I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Glutton For Pleasure . I received free product to keep for this review from Glutton For Pleasure PR. All opinions for this review are that of myself & family. Some info provided by PR or Co.

*Please follow my recipe blog at it's new URL http://mommyimhungry.blogspot.com/

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment