Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Crazy About Cookies by Krystina Castella : Cookbook Review























I was given the chance to review Crazy About Cookies: 300 Scrumptious Recipes for Every Occasion & Craving. Flipping through I found her recipe for Lady Fingers, and knew right then what I was going to make with them! My Birthday Tiramisu dessert!


 This was my first time ever using/making lady fingers, so I wasn't really sure about what I was doing or how they were suppose to turn out. HAHA, as you can see my first few batches didn't pipe out so well, then I forgot to powder sugar them before baking! Good thing I doubled her recipe, and the last few trays came out much better. Since I was using them in a dessert, I froze them until ready to use the next day, since I had read up on these, knowing that they'll stale quickly. Even though mine came out thin and they soaked up a lot of the coffee for my Tiramisu, they tasted great.

Lady Fingers
egg yolks
sugar
egg whites
flour
powdered sugar


This book is packed will all kinds of cookies from everyday, party, occasions, Holiday to Christmas. She's even got vegan, sugar free, low-fat as well as gluten-free recipes in here! Beautiful photos throughout the book will tempt you...I've got my eye on a few other recipes to try.
You can find Crazy About Cookies: 300 Scrumptious Recipes for Every Occasion & Craving at Amazon.

I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Crazy About Cookies. I received free product to keep for this review. All opinions for this review are that of myself & family. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co.

*Please follow my recipe blog at it's new URL http://mommyimhungry.blogspot.com/

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment