Monday, May 28, 2012

Simply Grilling by Jennifer Chandler: Review


I was offered to review Simply Grilling 105 Recipes for Quick and Casual Grilling by Jennifer Chandler. I said yes because I love grilling and I love her other Simply books from past reviews. Simply Grilling goes beyond burgers and hot dogs. Learn about the tools, the heat and flavors, no more guessing games on when to turn your food. Simply Grilling has 105 full color photos and recipes including grilling 101, starters, poultry, meat, seafood, salad, sandwiches, veggies and sides and even desserts. In this book Jennifer also las little tips at the bottom of the recipes for variations, suggested sides, ways to grill it and such.

The other week she was featured on QVC so I recorded it to watch:
QVC video

As with all my recipe cookbook reviews, I try to make a couple of the recipes. I went for her Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad, Chicken with Mustard BBQ Sauce and Grilled Corn and Green Bean Salad. I just LOVED these salads. They are simply a veggie (grilled) mix with a salad dressing of sort. I loved them at room temp.

Other recipes I have marked to try are Caribbean Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa, Grilled Pork Loin Chops with a Dijon-Citrus Sauce, Cashew Noodle Salad with Miso-Ginger Tofu Skewers and Grilled Pineapple with Rum Caramel Sauce.

Find Jennifer on Facebook, Twitter and her blog.

Ingredients for this Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad include:
grilled asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion, capers, garlic, red wine vinegar and lemon juice.



Ingredients for this Grilled Corn and Green Bean Salad include:
grilled corn,  green beans, cherry tomatoes, red onion, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil and I used feta.

we had friends over for dinner, so they got to review her recipes with us, they were a hit.





*Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Simply Grilling. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment