Friday, December 27, 2013

Hello, Cereal Lovers: Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chow



We were sent another Hello, Cereal Lovers gift pack full of goodies to get us started on another delicious recipe to try out. In our box were varieties of Big G cereals, vanilla and cinnamon, cookie butter, delicious caramels and other goodies.


They also sent recipe cards so I tried the one for Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chow found on another blogger's site. I made a double batch so we could take some to family during Christmas. It was soooo delicious and easy to make. 



Gluten Free Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chow
adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction


5 cups Rice Chex cereal (I used chocolate also)
10 ounces vanilla flavored Almond Bark
1 cup crushed candy canes
1 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar

Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl. Melt white chocolate/almond bark according to the package directions. Pour melted chocolate over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered. Fold in the crushed candy canes.

In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar. Pour the chocolate covered cereal/candy canes into the large bag or container. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture. I sprinkled in some plain M&Ms also.

Discard excess powder. Store at room temperature up to 2 weeks, if it lasts that long!

I combined rice chex and chocolate chex for our puppy chow.



*Disclosure* I wrote this review and or giveaway for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Hello, cereal lovers. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Product info and stock images if any are provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment