Wednesday, December 4, 2013

New Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois: Review


Remember this homemade, gluten free pizza I shared about on Instagram. I am still thinking about how delicious it was and that I need to make it again. The recipe came from this cookbook:


THE NEW ARTISAN BREAD IN FIVE MINUTES A DAY: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking by Dr. Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François.

When their huge bestseller Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day was published in 2007, it immediately became the classic book on bread-making. With more than half a million copies now in print, Hertzberg and François prove that people want to bake their own bread, provided they can do it easily and quickly.

Now, by popular demand, the authors have completely revised and updated the book that had revolutionized bread-making. They’ve returned to their test kitchens to whip up more than 30 new recipes and an entire gluten-free chapter. Among their insanely easy, mouth-watering recipes are:

· Gluten-free Cheesy Breadsticks, Pizza, Baguette and Sweet Brioche!!
· Beer-Cheese and Crock-Pot Bread
· Pretzel Buns!
· Apple-Stuffed French Toast
· Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread

THE NEW ARTISAN BREAD allows home bakers to make great daily breads and sweets but still have a life outside the kitchen. For more info, please visit: www.artisanbreadinfive.com.

Please connect with Artisan Bread in Five on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

getting ready to bake gluten free bread

I decided to give the gluten free master mix a review and some other time I will be trying some of the other recipes for my family such as the pretzel rolls, oh yum! I remember their first version of Artisan Bread in 5, I wasn't gluten free then and was sure I could get a loaf of bread to cooperate. Sadly I never did get around to trying any of the recipes. Then I had the chance to review this version with gluten free recipes, yay! Pizza was on the menu. I love that you make a master mix that will make more than one loaf/crust at a time. 

A batch of this gluten free master dough will make four loaves (about 1 pound each), you'll use 1/2 pound for a pizza crust. Don't be alarmed by the cottage cheese like texture, it'll be fine once you start working with it.

I made a spinach chicken sausage pizza and I baked mine off first, while the family's gluten pizza was baking they decided to eat mine! Guess what? They loved it! The crust was soft, chewy and delicious. 

I then tried 2 more of the pieces of the dough for a regular sandwich loaf...

...but sadly my loaves were flat and very doughy inside, even after a longer bake. This always happens to me, I'm sure it's just me and not the recipe. 

Then I decided to make another batch, it rises beautifully. 

I froze a piece for pizza crust later on, then used the rest of the dough as sandwich rolls/buns. I scooped two of my ice cream size scoops out and shaped them.

ready to fill...

These baked up thin (I like them thin) and less doughy inside, but they were still delicious!


*Disclosure* I wrote this review and or giveaway for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about New Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Product info and stock images if any are provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment