Pressed Picnic Sandwiches with Pesto & Salami recipe below
•3 to 4 grams of fiber per slice or thin
•Zero grams of Trans Fat
•No High Fructose Corn Syrup
•Health authorities recommend munching on 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day, much of which may come from whole grain products like Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads or Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
•If you’re not sure of how many grams of whole grains you are getting, look for the Whole Grain Stamp found on all of Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls.
Information about the “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest:
• Are you ready for “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest ? The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Oroweat® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000.
• Before entering a better sandwich in the Contest, the entrant should make sure it includes any of the Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads or Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
• There are four (4) sandwich categories in the Oroweat® “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest including: “Creative Classic” (a healthful twist on a sandwich that has been around for more than two generations, such as a Reuben, BLT or club sandwich), “Stealthily Simple” (maximum of five (5) ingredients), “Fueling Good” (ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron), and “Meatless Marvel” (no animal products including land and sea animals may be included in the recipe).
• The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
• Entries will be accepted July 23rd - August 22nd, online consumer voting will take place September 22nd - October 17th, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
• To submit a recipe, receive tips on creating a better sandwich or learn more about the Official Rules visit: www.americasbettersandwich.com.
Please follow along with Oroweat® on Facebook.
Mr. loves a good wheat bread to make chicken salad sandwiches with.
I used Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls in 100% Whole Wheat to make our oldest's favorite sandwich. She took inspiration from Pinterest to create Pressed Picnic Sandwiches with Pesto & Salami. (I made mine on gluten free bread and I have to say the flavors in this sandwich was wonderful!!)
Pressed Picnic Sandwiches with Pesto & Salami
6 Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls
7 oz. Pesto
1/2 lb. Salami
6 Provolone cheese slices
2 cups Spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
plastic wrap, for wrapping sandwiches
Open the sandwich thins and spread a little pesto over the bottom piece of bread.
Top the pesto with some salami and provolone cheese.
Top with a little spinach and then place the top of the sandwich thin on top.
Press down on the sandwich with your hands and very tightly wrap them in plastic wrap.
Place the sandwich in the fridge and top with a weighted down pot. Let them sit in the fridge for a few hours if you can before serving.
Enter Below To Win An Oroweat Prize Pack:
- $25 Visa gift card
- three $5.00 coupons for Oroweat® Sliced Breads
- three $4.00 coupons for Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclosure* I wrote this review and or giveaway for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Oroweat. The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Oroweat® Bread so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Oroweat®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Oroweat® Bread. This giveaway is provided by the company. Product info and stock images if any are provided by PR or Co.