Monday, September 1, 2008

Oatmeal Pecan Pancakes



I think this is going to be my #2 pancake recipe. I'm surpsied I hadn't blogged these yet! My addition to the original recipe are the brown sugar and pecans. While the pancakes are cooking, the pecans become toasty and smell wonderful. I make this as a double batch (as below), to leave some for another morning as a quick breakfast, just freeze and pop in the toaster.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup pecans
1 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup canola oil
2 eggs

Combine dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. Combine all wet ingredients, and slowly add in processor until combined.
Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium high heat. Scoop the batter onto the griddle, using 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

~adapted from Allrecipes





The first time I made these, I didn't add pecans.


(4/26 I just made these this morning and only had 1 egg left, and they still came out fine. I also adjusted the sugar amounts above for less sugar.)
enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

9 Lovely Comments:

Erin said...

Wow, these look delicious! Homemade pancakes so so good! I love the picture of the tall stack, it looks so tempting!

Zoe Francois said...

I'm making these tomorrow morning for the second day of school! They look Perfect.

Ingrid said...

oh, these sound heavenly! My children love pancakes. I really need to give these a try and mix things up a bit for them!

Great photos of the huge stack of pancakes. I especially liked the one where you cut out a "slice"!

Thanks for the recipe!
~ingrid

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

I'm such a pancake lover and I love oatmeal and pecans, so I'm positive I'd love these!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. For giveaway entries, please follow the form rules.