Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Review: The Un-Constipated Gourmet: Secrets to a Moveable Feast


From Mommy I'm Hungry

We were sent a copy of The Un-Constipated Gourmet: Secrets to a Moveable Feast, 125 Recipes for the Regularity Challenged, a cookbook by Danielle Svetcov. She is a writer and literary agent based in San Francisco. You can find her articles in Forbes, The New York Times, U.S. News & World Report, Real Simple, The Chicago Tribune Magazine, The San Francisco Chronicle Magazine, and many others. Read here for her blog.

I read through her very informative book and marked a few recipes I would like to try. I know I'll be coming back to try the flourless chocolate cake with raspberries!

Her book "puts the fun back in fiber" with enjoyable flavorful foods. Each recipe is given a Go- Meter rating to show how effective it is. There are no recipes below a 5 in her book, there is even a 10++ in there! So if you are having issues, get things moving the natural way and stay regular! Toss out the over the counter remedies, and get to the store to buy ingredients! Even if you are fine in that department, these recipes are great.


From Mommy I'm Hungry

I love roasted Brussels sprouts so when I saw her recipe for Brussels sprouts with bacon and shallots, I knew I'd have to try that with dinner. These are rated with a #7.
I've blogged about Roasted Brussels Sprouts before, so I used her ingredients and roasted them off.


From Mommy I'm Hungry


Thank you Danielle for sending a copy!

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment