Thursday, April 1, 2010

Grandma's Italian Noodles



This is one of our family recipes from my Grandma P. I have no idea how it came about, but it's one recipe I ate growing up and one we had at a small family reunion at her house years ago (along with the homemade root beer!). My Aunts and cousins still make it too. It's a pretty basic simple recipe. I will give you my adapted version though. It's one of my faves.

Grandma's Italian Noodlesmy adapted version

1 lb ground sausage (can also use sausage links such as Farmer John Original Skinless Links, sliced)
24 oz can crushed tomatoes w/garlic (or plain tomato sauce -be sure it's GF!)
1 Tbl sugar
1 bag wide egg noodles, cooked (gluten free pasta)
1 bunch green onions, diced
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

In a large skillet, cook sausage, drain. Heat up tomatoes and add sugar, add sausage. Let simmer 30 minutes. Serve over noodles, top with cheese and green onions.


enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment