I had the opportunity to try Thai Kitchen cooking kit full of products. They offer premium ingredients, Thai staples such as red curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, and jasmine rice and recipes to help people create authentic Thai meals in their own kitchen.
Thai cuisine is on the horizon as a hot new at-home cooking trend for 2010, and people like you and I are likely looking for some help making authentic dishes. A recent study found that 52% of Americans are reluctant to cook Thai because they simply don’t know how. In addition, nearly 25% of those surveyed said that they don’t know where to get the necessary ingredients. Their broad line of more than 60 products is available in supermarkets nationwide and, coupled with our easy-to-follow recipes, makes preparing delicious, authentic Thai dishes a snap!
Come and check out their products and recipes!more at "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" http://ldylvbgr.blogspot.com/
Quick links for Thai Kitchen: Allergy info found here, Shop online or find a store locator here.
I decided I would make myself some lunch to try some of these products. I used their recipes for lettuce wraps and coconut chicken.
I thought these were great! I didn't have much chicken and I cut the recipe in half since only I was having these, so mine were a little more saucy. My lettuce leafs were huge so I really filled them up! I need to do more lettuce wraps for meals, loved them!
Thai Kitchen Red Curry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Refrigerate: 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. Thai Kitchen® Red Curry Paste
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red onion
6 large iceberg lettuce leaves or 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Chopped fresh Thai basil or cilantro (optional)
MIX mayonnaise, sour cream, Curry Paste and lime juice in large bowl until well blended. Add chicken, celery and onion; toss to coat well. Cover.
REFRIGERATE at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
SPOON chicken salad into center of each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with peanuts and basil, if desired. Fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian groceries. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.
I have recently started using coconut milk in recipes and love it! However I found this dish to be bland and I wasn't liking the peppers in it. I love Jasmine rice though!
found in this list
Yields 4 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 can (14 fl. oz.) Thai Kitchen Premium Coconut Milk
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you prefer a spicy sauce)
Cooked Jasmine rice
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Lightly brown chicken on both sides in hot oil, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
3. Remove chicken breasts from skillet and set aside.
4. In same skillet, sauté onions, bell peppers and garlic until onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Stir in coconut milk and red pepper flakes. Simmer 5 minutes over medium heat.
6. Return chicken to pan, spoon sauce and vegetables over chicken and continue to cook, uncovered over medium meat 20 to 30 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
7. Serve with cooked Thai Kitchen Select Harvest Jasmine Rice or cous cous to soak up the sauce.
Thai Kitchen also has a cookbook available and they are offering 2 of my readers to win a copy! This is a very exclusive giveaway! This book is not available online. The book features more than 135 pages of recipes, a 27-page glossary explaining commonly used ingredients, and 15 pages of cooking tips!
TWO "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" readers will each win a Thai Kitchen cookbook as pictured above!
(This is a must before any extra entries will be accepted!)
1.All you have to do is visit Thai Kitchen's website and tell me what recipes you most like to try!
Earn up to 4 extra entries by showing some "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" bloggie ♥ with these rules*!
-Please post yourself a separate comment for each, letting me know which ones you do.
2. (+1 bonus entry) Follow me on Twitter here
3. (2 bonus entries) Tweet about this giveaway using my Tweet button above & post your link or ID here
4. (+1 bonus entry) Click the icon to share this giveaway link on your Facebook then post your link here:
This Giveaway ends: 11:59 pm pst, Tuesday, May 04, 2010.
Please read the fine print
- Open to USA.
- Please leave your email!
- I will verify links/names
- Winner(s) will be notified by email & announced on my Blog & Twitter as soon as the following day
- I will choose my winner(s) using Random.org
- Important! Please read about my giveaway rules HERE*
Don't forget to follow along and be the first to see new recipes, reviews and giveaways!
I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Thai Kitchen. I received free product to keep for this review. All opinions for this review are that of myself & family. Product info & stock images provided by PR.