Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beef Stroganoff



When I'm too lazy to dig through my cookbooks for a recipe, I'll go online and find another, if it's not on my blog. So I found this version at Tina's Mommy's Kitchen blog. It was slightly different than my mom's, she doesn't use a gravy in hers. Sounded good to me! With a few more adaptions to her posted recipe I think this came out pretty darn good. One thing I did not add, was I ran out of pepper (I know huh!) so I used a packet of garlic pepper seasoning I had. Use whatever kind of steak meat you like, something tender, since it's little cook time. Next time I'll use fresh cremini mushrooms and mushroom gravy, mmm. *tip: freeze your steak meat for a couple hours, it'll be much easier to slice thin.

Beef Stroganoff
adapted from Mommy's Kitchen

1 - lb. beef steak, thinly sliced
1/2 C flour (seasoned w/salt & pepper)
3 Tbl oil
1 small onion, diced
salt & pepper (to taste)
1 Tbl crushed garlic
1 - small can sliced mushrooms or 1 C. diced fresh mushrooms
1 - can cream of mushroom soup
1 - packet brown gravy mix, made as directed (mushroom gravy would be good too!)
4 oz - sour cream
3 Tbl parsley
1 bag Wide egg noodles

Combine seasoned flour and toss with sliced steak to cover, tap off excess flour. Brown & cook steak with chopped onion, salt, pepper, garlic and mushrooms in a skillet with a little oil. While the steak is browning, Start the noodles to cook. Add cream of mushroom soup and gravy, mix together and simmer over low heat about 10 minutes. Add the sour cream and parsley, mix until thoroughly blended. Serve over cooked noodles.


enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Brandy said...

Very ironic considering I had leftover beef stroganoff for lunch today! My recipe is different from yours though b/c I make it in a crockpot (and sometimes a pressure cooker if I'm in a hurry) so the meat actually shreds.

Elizabeth Murray said...

Yummy, this post is making me so hungry. I haven't had Beef Stroganoff since I was a kid, I'll have to add it to our family's repitoire!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

I love beef stroganoff and it is so easy. It's been awhile since I made it. I need to remedy that!

Post a Comment