Friday, May 28, 2010

California Chicken Club Sandwich



This sandwich rocked! It was really good! I didn't follow any recipe, just used what I liked in a club sandwich. Ok, actually I don't order clubs when we go out, but years ago I did work in a cool Cafe and a club sandwich was on the menu. I made a mean one back then, if I say so myself! Anyways I made this a grilled BBQ sauced chicken club with avocado and bacon and veggies. Very simple. I made a few clubs and served them all on a platter family style. I was able to get 5-6 sandwiches with the amount of ingredients I used, plus a little leftover. Adjust the amounts to your liking, like I said there is not recipe, just add however much of whatever you like. (Mr. took my camera on a work assigment, so I had to use my Daughter's little thing)



California Chicken Club Sandwich

5 small thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper (per taste)
BBQ Sauce
1 pound bacon, cooked, cooled
5 Provolone cheese slices
2 Ripe Avocados, sliced
Green leaf lettuce, cut to fit bread
2 Tomatoes, sliced
1 small Red Onion, sliced thin
Mayo
White bread slices
Wheat bread slices
Sandwich picks

Season chicken with salt & pepper. Grill chicken 4 minutes per side on low-medium heat. Baste with BBQ sauce. Slice when cooled down.
Toast bread (3 slices per sandwich), add a little mayo then layer with lettuce, tomato, onion and avocado on the bottom layer. Add a second piece of toast with a little mayo and add chicken, bacon and cheese. Top with third piece of toast with a little mayo . (I used white and wheat for one sandwich)
Secure sandwich with picks at the top, bottom and sides of sandwich. Cut the sandwich from corner to corner, so that the picks are in the middle of each triangle slice.





enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

7 Lovely Comments:

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

OMG, I WANT one!! Gosh, seriously that looks perfect right now.

Have a wonderful weekend - been trying to work in the yard but yeehow, it is HOT.

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! This looks absolutely delicious!!!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Jane said...

Wow, that looks SO GOOD! Thanks for adding it to my sandwich Linky. :)

Susie Buetow said...

Yum! I saw the pic on Jane's recipe link up! Feel free to submit any tried and true recipes on my link up! http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html

Anonymous said...

Someone posted this link on pinterest and I pinned it. I finally made it tonight for dinner, and it was so yummy. I also used tortillas for the kids and omitted the avocado, onion and tomatoes. They chowed down and loved it. Thanks for sharing!!!

Post a Comment