Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Banana Coconut Ice Cream Pie



Spike of spike.bakes selected Banana Coconut Ice Cream Pie this week (he'll have the recipe for ya). Check this recipe out. You take shortbread cookies, coconut and butter. Cook them down a little then press into a pie dish and freeze. Stir chocolate ice cream with pureed bananas to make the filling. Freeze. Easy as pie! No baking!! Perfect for the upcoming summer! Well for those of use getting summer this year! In Utah it just snowed!
Anyways, this crust is awesome. The overall pie, I was honestly not crazy about. Since it's all frozen, it's hard to slice and my crust stuck to the dish when getting a slice out. Then it was hard to eat just a bite, it was "hard". Well I did freeze mine a day + overnight so maybe that's why. I had to let it sit out a bit to slice it and eat. The kids liked it though. I used a dark chocolate gelato and left the rum out of mine and sliced the bananas for the top per slice of pie.





You know what I'm thinking, this would be great done as a Banana Coconut Chocolate pudding/cream pie instead. But that crust! I may have to think of something else to use that with too, Hmmm....something key lime maybe?




enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

7 Lovely Comments:

Cindy said...

The snow in my front yard yesterday did not scream summer! But this dessert did. We loved it. I did take it out of the freezer 30 minutes before cutting it, that helped. I will make it again!

Tia said...

wow your sliced bananas under the choc looks fantastic. great pic of the slice. I did a twd rewind...lenox biscotti... b/c bananas/coconut are not my thing :)

Katie Lane said...

That looks good. I'll have to keep this on hand when my fam. comes to visit :)

spike. said...

looks great- can't believe you have snow! 90 in my neck of the woods today!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Rachelle. To die for. I have a pie on my list to do and this crust would be perfect!! Stop by! I have a giveaway going on you might like. :)

natalia said...

Ciao ! i bet it would be great with key lime !! I can't belive it snowed !

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your pie looks wonderful! My crust also stuck like crazy and was the pie was difficult to slice. The crust was delicious though!

Post a Comment