Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Clearly Fresh Bags Review


Clearly Fresh bags are a re-closeable bag with a breathable membrane that keeps fruits and veggies fresh for up to 50% longer than traditional storage methods. We were sent a pack of 10 one gallon size bags to try out.

How do they work?
The technology behind Clearly Fresh® bags is our BreatheWay membrane. You’ll note that there is a hole in the film behind the BreatheWay logo on each zip bag. This is because BreatheWay acts as an Oxygen/Carbon Dioxide passageway – allowing just the right amount of oxygen in and much more carbon dioxide out. For more information on how and why BreatheWay is so effective visit http://www.breatheway.com/.
By providing ideal atmospheres and slowing the dehydration of fresh fruits and vegetables, Clearly Fresh offers extended storage life naturally.



On 5/31 I put a few new bananas in the bag and kept one out from that same bunch so I could compare. On 6/6 I took them out for comparison. You can see how different they are, the ones in the Clearly Fresh bags still look great, and still even have some green at the tops, but no freckles. When I opened one to taste, the banana tasted good and maybe starting to ripen more. I have to give these bags a thumbs up, they really do work. From reading on their FAQ page, I can't wait to try out strawberries, they say to put the whole container in the bag (do not wash them yet) and store them in the fridge. You can reuse these bags as well as recyclable, just cut out the BreatheWay membrane, it is not recyclable.

You can buy these online here for under $4 for a pack of 10.


 
*Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Clearly Fresh Bags. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment