Monday, April 22, 2013

RedEnvelope for Mother's Day: Review


If you're already thinking of Mother's Day, have a look at the RedEnvelope site. They offer many beautiful gifts of all sorts for the special Mother or lady in your life. If she loves jewelry, gardening, kitchenware you'll certainly find something for her, and be sure to look for a coupon to help out with your purchase.

I was able to choose and review this beautiful Floral Vine Etched Hummingbird Feeder. I've always wanted a red glass feeder for my backyard so I chose this one. I love it! It a mouth-blown recycled glass feeder from Mexico. It's a nice heavy sturdy piece and comes in the red, green or aqua colors. I love the etched design of vines and hummingbirds on it. It comes with an S hook ready for hanging (though I have a larger one I used for mine), it's 4" x 12" H.

I was excited to use this, as I already have a few hummingbirds that come to my regular feeder, so when I hung this up with fresh homemade food (see below), I was a little sad that they took no interest in it. So I hung my other one back up and have this still hanging there should they change their mindsl. It is pretty to look at though. I just have picky birds I guess.

Homemade Hummingbird Food
2 cups water
1/2 cup sugar

Combine all in a small saucepan, heat over medium heat until it boils and the sugar is just dissolved. Remove from heat, allow to cool before adding to feeder. Refill as needed, about once a week. If feeder starts to grow mold, wash out and use new food.

It comes well wrapped

sturdy mouth-blown glass hook to hang from

Can you see the Hummingbird there? He'd rather sit there than have a sweet drink :/

They do love the old feeder.


  *Disclosure* I wrote this review for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about RedEnvelope . The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. Product info & stock images provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment