Thursday, November 7, 2013

Big G Cereal Cereal Lovers Week: Recipe Ideas: French toast



Even though National Cereal Lovers Week (#CerealLoversWeek) has past (What do they mean? It's always cereal lovers week in our house!), celebrate with several star-studded celebrity chefs to take cereal out of the breakfast bowl and into bold and unexpected new places.

Gather ideas for having fun in the kitchen by watching celebrity chefs Justin Warner, Amanda Freitag, Elizabeth Falkner, Nate Appleman, Dale Talde and Harold Dieterle create unique cereal-centric creations. 

Fun recipes such as Cocoa Puffs® Carbonara, Fizzy Trix®, Cinnamon Toast Crunch® French Toast, Golden Grahams® “Fried” Chicken with Hot Honey Drizzle and Corn Chex® Chilaquiles can be found here: www.hellocereallovers.com/recipe/

look at this fun box!

I was sent a fun Cereal Creativity Kit to create or make these fun recipes! Well, I decided to  make the cereal coated french toast using cereals we like (or gluten free so I can have some too). I used different cereals and bread in the recipe but still made it the same way. I was thinking of frying the french toast (because we love our french toast fried) but I was worried the coating would fall off so I just put them on the griddle/pan. My family and I loved them, coating them like that made them extra special. Think up a recipe using your favorite cereals and try it this weekend!

my gluten free vanilla chex coated french toast brinner

Cinnamon Toast Crunch® French Toast
Original recipe created by Dale Talde
(*for this recipe, I used Reeses Puffs cereal with sliced french bread and GF Vanilla Chex with GF bread)

4 slices of challah bread* (day old is best), crusts removed and toasted
2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch® cereal*, separated
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 eggs
Butter

Step 1
Spread 1 cup of Cinnamon Toast Crunch on baking sheet and toast lightly (about 200 degrees). Meanwhile in a food processor, pulverize 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch into a powder and set aside; Combine cream and milk, add toasted cereal and let soak until milk is tan colored. Strain out cereal with a mesh strainer. Mix in eggs

Step 2
Soak challah toast in milk/egg mixture. Coat with Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder. Melt butter on a hot griddle or pan

Step 3
Cook the French toast on each side until slightly golden, then remove and place on oven-safe dish. Sprinkle top of French Toast with more Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder and bake at 350° for 3 or 4 minutes.

the family's Reeses Puffs coated french toast

my GF french toast ready to cook

the family's reeses puff french toast on the griddle


*Disclosure* I wrote this review and or giveaway for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about Big G Cereal. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Product info and stock images if any are provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment