Thursday, April 3, 2008

Montreal Salsa Chicken



This recipe has been made many many times in our home. We love it. You can find the recipe at the McCormick website. I double the salsa recipe then pour it over the chicken (boneless thighs or breasts) and bake at 350' for about 40 minutes.
(I used the chunky salsa in the cheese/dairy/deli meat case, not the jarred stuff). I like it with these Green Chiles and Cheese Tamales.

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick®25% Grill Mates® Less Sodium Montreal Chicken Seasoning
1/2 cup mild salsa
1/3 cup apricot or peach preserves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Chili Powder

Sprinkle chicken with Chicken Seasoning. Mix salsa, preserves, lemon juice and chili powder in small bowl. Set aside.
Grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through, turning frequently. Brush with salsa mixture during the last 5 minutes of grilling.



enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Just a Small Town Girl said...

Never a big fan of chunky salsa, but I was brave and gave it a try.
Very yummy. I too, baked it in the oven instead of grilling.

Me said...

This one is dinner Monday night and for FHE treat I am making the Good Stuff in a pan Dessert! You are my new cook book! Hey, there is an idea Rachelle. I would buy one for me and plenty for gifts! Come on, Jerry Seinfeld's wife can write a stupid cook book you can too! Besides, you are a divine cook and fabulous photgrapher! You have the talent!

Post a Comment