Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cold Chicken Pasta Salad



For dinner this night, I wanted something easy, cool, and "lighter" nothing heavy. It's been feeling a lot like the end of summer here, so this was the perfect choice for dinner. You can add what ever vegetables, cheese, or meats you like (ham would be great too). I've decided that the next potluck we go to, I'll be bringing this salad.

12 oz tri-color rotini pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
1/2 pd chicken breast, cooked and cubed
8 oz pepper jack cheese, cubed
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup Italian Dressing (I used Wild Harvest Organics)
Parmesan shaker cheese (to taste)

Combine all, tossing to coat with dressing. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. For any leftovers, toss with a little more dressing, since the pasta will soak it up and the salad will seem dry.



enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

7 Lovely Comments:

Krista Dearden said...

What a great summer recipe! It is raining on my side of the world right now but I will definitely try it when it warms up...again!

Beca said...

Looks delish! I wanted a light salad for dinner too but I made tuna salad. Love all your recipes. Thanks for sharing them.

Mystie said...

I found this via a Google search, made it for a family gathering, and it was a smashing success. Thanks. :)

Jane said...

Hi Rachelle,
This looks great! Thanks for adding it to my Summer Salad Linky! Can't wait to try it!

http://makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.blogspot.com/2010/06/link-up-theme-issummer-salad.html

crystalclear said...

YUM!!! Made this for lunch and it was sooo good! It is going in my recipe binder!

Post a Comment