Friday, June 4, 2010

Sausage and Veal Lasagna




This lasagna recipe has been marked to try for a while now, after reading all the raving comments I thought it wouldn't hurt to try a new recipe other than the one I always make. Since I am cleaning out my freezer supply, I had some Italian sausages in there and was recently sent some Strauss brand veal for review (review here), I decided to use them up for this recipe.

I slightly adapted the ingredients here, than what they had posted. I used Strauss free raised ground veal instead of ground beef and regular Italian sausage instead of sweet, dried herbs, left out the fennel and used a whole small onion. The directions would be the same as they have written in the link below, just with my minor adaptations.

Sausage and Veal Lasagna
adapted from here

1 pound Italian sausage
1 pound ground veal
1 small chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic chopped
28 oz crushed tomatoes with basil
16 oz tomato sauce
12 oz tomato paste
1/2 Cup of Water
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons dried Basil leaves
4 tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
23 ounces of ricotta cheese (or just use 3 C)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 egg
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz grated fresh Parmesan cheese
12 Lasagna Noodles

Directions for preparing can be found HERE.





enjoy,

Print
Pin It!

3 Lovely Comments:

Cooking with Kait said...

Great lasagna. I've read so many lasagna recipes today I think I might have to make one this weekend.

DavePR said...

Looks fantastic! For sausage next time you may want to look into Original Brat Hans. Theirs are all natural with no preservatives, antibiotics or added hormones:)

Anonymous said...

Yep there are a lot of lasagna recipes out there, some good and some not so good. This is one I'd class as good!

Post a Comment