Monday, June 17, 2013

D6 Sports SurfSkimmer Review at Mission Beach, San Diego


Wooo hooo!! Summer is here!! Living in San Diego hitting up the beach is a must! We've got a huge selection of beaches to play at, Ocean Beach, Silver Strand and this beach, Mission Beach are a few of our faves. This weekend we met up with my Brother and his family so they can have fun and try out this brand new, newly released beach toy, the SurfSkimmer

D6 Sports introduces the SurfSkimmer, an innovative skimboarding product that’s perfect for an entry-level water sports fan. Offering kids a hands-on skimboard experience that is both fun and safe, the SurfSkimmer is designed with gripper technology, a stable handle and sleek design allowing the board to glide effortlessly over the white wash giving kids the opportunity to experiment and excel in skimboarding within minutes on the water.


Having lived in Hawaii during my early teen years, we were at the beach a lot. Only we were boogie boarders. I have never skimboarded before, but I knew of it and how much fun it looked. Little did I know that 25 years later, I would be trying it for the first time, ha!! OK, but first I had to have my Nephew try it out. It was his first time also. I knew the logistics of it, you have to run and throw the board down in shallow water (like 1/4") and hurry and go before the water runs out. Or if you're more pro, run towards the waves and jump into fancy tricks. If you love skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing, you'll love this SurfSkimmer!

Anyways, that's what is great about the SurfSkimmer. It's made for skimboarding beginners! It's got the handle bar to help balance you! So you run, pushing the SurfSkimmer with the handle bar then hurry and jump on and skim across the water. Keep your balance and turn towards more water if you can, because you may um...go flying head over heels like this momma did! HAHA! (good thing that was not in camera)

My Nephew did a few test runs, and before we knew it he was doing pretty great! I have a couple of videos below, so check him out! The beach was packed for a Father's Day weekend (any holiday they're crazy packed!) so we had to watch out for other beach goers. I was kind of hoping there'd be older boys there also skimboarding to see if they wanted to try it, but wow, not one! Just a lot of boogie boarders and surfers. What was really cool were all the stares and oohs and ahhs of tourists and locals walking by to check it out! I even had other little kids wanting a turn! I even stopped to talk to another mom about it. She loved the idea of it being transitional!

Someday we hope to be able to remove the handlebar (simple hex screwdriver), but we need to work on our balance more. It's a lot harder than it looks, it's slippery out there! :)

  

The Original D6 SurfSkimmer

• Easy To Learn

• Patented Gripper Bar

• 2 in 1 Fun! Use for SurfSkimming or as a skimboard

• Supports Riders up to 150 lbs.

• 41″ Inch skimboard

• Solid Construction

• $69.99 plus free shipping

Order your SurfSkimmer here! Check out their video on YouTube and this helpful video too!


Please check out D6 Sports on TwitterFacebook, YouTube Pinterest and Instagram.







*Disclosure* I wrote this review and or giveaway for "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" about D6 SurfSkimmer. The product(s) in this review were provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting my review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.  Product info and stock images if any are provided by PR or Co.

Print
Pin It!

0 Lovely Comments:

Post a Comment